It is useful to have backups on CD or DVD, and convert them into image files such as NRG, CCD, ISO or BWT formats. But, there is a great program that allows you to generate virtual devices and read your files without burning a CD or DVD: Daemon Tools.
With Daemon Tools you will have a very valid alternative to burning ISO images to CDs and DVDs since you will be able to emulate virtual drives directly on your PC. Note that it works perfectly under XP, Vista and Windows 7 and is compatible with almost all CD and DVD Rom drives. It can emulate CD, DVD, HD DVD and Blu-Ray discs.
DOWNLOAD DAEMON TOOLS
The other versions of the software are fee-based and cost between 30 and 50 euros.
- PRO: This is a more advanced software with professional features that adds support for up to 32 DT and SCSI virtual devices and 4 IDE devices.
- PERSONAL LITE: is the ad-free version of the Lite edition and also brings additional features such as lifetime updates and support for up to 256 DT and 32 SCSI devices.
- ULTRA: the most complete software of the family, an all-in-one with support for up to 256 DTs, 32 SCSI devices and 4 IDE devices. It also allows you to run multiple wizards simultaneously.
- NET: the solution for those who need to work with virtual drives in different PCs, being able to save and share the images through a home or company network.
DAEMON TOOLS LITE
Daemon Tools Lite allows you to emulate up to 4 virtual CD/DVD and Blu-Ray drives on your PC. The virtual drives will appear in your OS as if they were real. Select a virtual drive and then choose the disc image you want to mount. Find the virtual drive created with the mounted disc image in My Computer. Start working! It looks like it works with a real drive and a real disk, doesn’t it? Yes, but it is very fast.
- Create .iso and .mds images
- Emulates up to 4 virtual CD/DVD drives
- Performs the assembly and disassembly of images
- Supports .b5t, .b6t, .bwt, .ccd, .cdi, .cue, .nrg, .pdi, .isz
- Provides a powerful command line interface
WHAT DOES IT OFFER AGAIN?
- Improves connection privacy with MountSpace.com
- SPTD 1.81 (Windows 8 beta support)
- SPTD: connected devices improve reading speed
- Configuration improvements
DAEMON TOOLS PRO
âÂ It also includes several mechanisms to try to avoid some of the more widespread copy protections.
âÂ It has a full range of tools for working with images, DT, SCSI, IDE devices, VHD and TrueCrypt protected volumes.
The plus: the modern Quick Mount option!
DAEMON TOOLS FREE
Since the 2000’s, Daemon Tools ProÂ fullÂ is known as a powerful and professional emulator software to work with disk images and virtual drives. Times are changing, but Daemon Tools Pro is still a favorite image tool for fans.
DAEMON TOOLS WINDOWS
DAEMON Tools Lite 10 allows you to mount all known types of disk image files and emulates up to 4 DT + SCSI + HDD devices. It allows you to create images of your optical discs and access them through a well-organized catalog.
To read ISOS files, you can also open File Explorer, select the .iso file, and on the Manage tab, click the Mount button. Once the file is mounted, you will notice that Windows 10 will create a virtual drive that you can use to access your content from the left pane.
DAEMON TOOLS WINDOWS 7
Daemon Tools Lite for Windows 7 – free, it will draw your attention thanks to its simplicity, usefulness and comfort – is hyper practical: it has an intuitive and accessible interface.
In Windows 8 and 10, Windows finally offers an integrated way to mount ISO disk image files. If you are using Windows 7, you will need a third-party tool. We like WinCDEmu, a simple, open-source disc-mounting program. It supports ISO and other disc image formats.
How to mount an ISO image in Windows 7 or Vista
1. WinCDEmu is even useful on Windows 8 and 10, where it will allow you to mount BIN/CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD and IMG image files for which Windows does not yet offer built-in support.
2. Install WinCDEmu and give it permission to install the hardware driver you need. After doing so, double-click on a disk image file to mount it. You can also right-click on a disk image file and click “Select drive letter and mount” in the context menu.
3. You will see a simple interface to choose the drive letter and other basic options. Click “OK” and the mounted image will appear under Computer.
4. To remove the image from the disk when you are done, right-click on the virtual drive and select “Eject“.
DAEMON TOOLS WINDOWS XP
Daemon Tools Lite for Windows XP is a reduced version of the more powerful Pro application. However, it offers a large number of basic and pro functions for working with image files. You can easily create basic disk images and compress them to keep all necessary data accessible without taking up much space in the hardware. The version below was developed to fit perfectly with your Windows XP. In addition, the program can run efficiently on both 32- and 64-bit systems.
We recommend the Lite version of Daemon Tools for Windows XP as it has many advantages:
â Free download and installation
âÂ Requires a minimum of free space on your PC
âÂ Installing is amazingly fast with the help of an assistant at all stages
âÂ Compatible with your OS as well as other versions of Windows
âÂ Saves hard disk space
â?¢ Contains basic features for beginners and advanced options for experienced users
âNumerous customizable configurations to meet all your needs