Death Stranding is an action and exploration game in the open world developed by Kojima Productions and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for PlayStation 4 and 505 Games. It is the company’s first game following the completion of its contract with Konami. The main protagonist is played by the actor Norman Reedus. It was released on 8 November 2019 for the PlayStation 4 console.
Available: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4
Gender: Action and exploration
Players: Single Player, Multiplayer
Launch date: 8 November 2019
Death Stranding Trailer + Game Images
The plot of Death Stranding takes place in a post-apocalyptic world in which an event known as “Death Stranding” merged the world of the living and the dead. In this distant world, Sam Porter Bridges must cross the United States from east to west in order to avoid the extinction of humanity. Here is the official trailer for the game so that you can begin to understand its plot:
You must put yourself in this character’s shoes and risk your life to save humanity. Do you dare to play? Here are some images of the game for you to familiarize yourself with it.
How to take a quick trip on Death Stranding
If you’ve been playing Death Stranding for a few days, you’re probably tired of walking around and exploring the map. The truth is that walking takes forever and it seems that you don’t advance. That’s why we explain you how to make a faster trip. To start with, this option will be available from chapter 3: Fragile.
To make that journey, you must keep in mind that Fragile is the key. At the beginning of the chapter, she gives us a kind of special bracelet. Thanks to this bracelet we will be able to return to the places we have already connected to the UCA network. We wont be able to travel freely around the map, but the fast travel is restricted to the biggest and most relevant areas. As for how to make the trip itself, it is very simple. We should be in our private room and observe the umbrella that Fragile left between the shower and the armor. Once we have selected it, we can choose the destination we want to go to and we will get there without any further delay.
Please note that the items you carry with you will not travel with you, so they will automatically be stored in our private locker (at the facility of origin). It is mechanical there to prevent us from moving with the packages on our backs, since that would take all the fun out of playing the game.
Where to find the Otter Hood
In Death Stranding, as in most video games, we get many exclusive rewards when we deliver. Some are part of the story (weapons), while others are collectible items. The Otter hood is one such item, which will allow us to swim in the rivers and make Sam look better.
As we move forward in chapter 3 of the story, order number 37 will be available, which is based on delivering a sewing kit to a cosplayer who lives in the south. The way there is a bit complicated and we will not be able to get there by car, since it is a very stony area. We must take into account that we need to carry ropes and ladders to be able to descend to the ravine where the cosplayer installation is located.
Once we make the delivery, he will show up to thank us and then Conan O’Brien will come out to join in the thanks. In addition, without further ado, he will present us with the otter hood that he is wearing with his hologram. It will be available in our accessory wheel and can be fitted separately from the cap and sunglasses. The otter hood will be automatically placed on the otter head when it rains or when we dive into a river. The main attraction of this accessory is that it gives us an advantage in such rivers, as Sam will be able to swim much more easily and thus ensure that we do not lose our load downstream.
5 basic tips to play with
- Manage your load: The inventory menu has a button to automatically place your load on your back and suit, but if you want more control and customization, maybe it’s best to do it by hand.
- Carry only what you need to pick up more on the way, and avoid being seen: If you carry a lot of things on your back, a tower of boxes, no matter how much you bend over, they will see you.
- Some things you should always carry with you: at least a ladder, a climbing rope and an extra pair of boots. Yes, boots wear out over time and as you wear them, and a pair of bad boots will make it harder to walk. You should also always have a spray on hand to repair the load.
- Use your Odradek and stay still: Sam can’t see the CVs, but in the case of meeting these beings, you just need to stay completely still and look around so that the game tells you where the ones closest to you are. In addition, if you press ‘R1’ and activate your sensor/robot arm/lamp, it will also help you locate them.
- Build and Collaborate: I mentioned earlier that you should carry at least one ladder with you, and the reason is that you should consider not picking up the ladder once you use it, but leaving it there for another player to use later. Part of the Death Stranding experience is based on the game’s passive multiplayer, which invites you to collaborate with other players with whom you have no contact. Basically, you influence their world, their map, by leaving these stairs and other things, and they will influence yours.
Here is a video with some basic tips and tricks for this game:
Basic guide to playing Death Stranding
Death Stranding, as you may have seen, is a pretty intuitive and easy to understand game. The main objective is to survive and save humanity. Despite that, there are also some basic points to take into account to start playing. Here is a guide to help you get started.
Death Stranding Analysis
Death Stranding is one of the most surprising and unique games of recent times, a super-production by a brilliant author in the narrative and unique in the gameplay. Despite its wonderful aspects, there are some negative points to take into account. Here’s a review of the game:
Share your opinion with us
We would love to hear your point of view on this post. Did you miss anything? What do you think we could do better? If you have any further curiosity about Death Stranding or any other game, please share it with us by making a comment.