Fraps is best known as an easy, lightweight way to see an active reading of your PC games frames per second, hence the name. But it’s also a surprisingly flexible way to record game images for posting on YouTube or Twitch (or other web video services). The relatively low resource usage and easy activation make it ideal for quickly starting and stopping the recording function. Here’s how it’s done.
The paid version eliminates certain limitations of the free version. The program is a very popular option for many gamers who want to record videos they are playing or just want to record their achievements. With these simple instructions, you can start using Fraps quickly and easily!
FRAPS FREE DOWNLOAD
Screen recording and screen capture are secondary, but still worth investigating if you frequently record game videos. However, there is one caveat: Fraps’ premium video features are not free. Without paying Â?40 for the full version, videos are limited to 30 seconds and have a non-removable watermark, and screenshots are restricted to BMP format. Paying for the upgrade gives you unlimited recording time and support for JPEG, PNG and TGA images.
FRAPS PRO FULL
If you do a deep Internet to download the latest version of Fraps 3.5.99 you will find some sites where you can download frapsÂ proÂ full for free, or frapsÂ premium full spanish 2020Â or fraps pro full freeÂ …But Gums Up is still the optimal way, one hundred percent reliable and secure, to get the most out of the latest version of this handy app!
Gums Up is a user-friendly application to download free apps and games for all kinds of devices (PC, Tablets, Android or iOS smartphones).
Fraps also allows you to take a screenshot at any time in Windows 10 with the Win+Print Screen command (they will be saved in the Pictures/Screenshots folder). In addition, many games and overlays like Steam also offer a custom screen capture solution (the default shortcut in Steam games is F12). But the Fraps screenshots tab has a custom log button, an option to show or hide the frame rate overlay, and a “repeat screenshot” option that lets you select a custom interval.
This last part is very useful if you want a perfect screenshot without having to constantly press the button: set it low for more images or high for less. The automatic recording will stop once you press the button again. So if you’re already using Fraps for game recording, you may also want to check your screen capture settings.
HOW TO RECORD WITH FRAPS
The frame rate tracking feature is great, and it’s part of the free package that doesn’t really require any extra configuration or investment to get started. Start Fraps, start your game and you’ll have a reliable idea of how many frames per second you’re getting.
1. DOWNLOAD FREE FRAPS (AND INSTALL IT)
Fraps is available as a free download from the developer’s website. Simply double-click the .exe file to get started and follow the on-screen instructions. It can run as a standard program or at startup, which can be useful if you are a frequent recorder.
2. CHOOSE VIDEO CONFIGURATION
In the main window of Fraps, click on the “Movies” tab. The first thing you will want to do is to adjust the save location of your videos; the default directory under Program FilesMovies is not ideal. Click the “Change” button and choose something more practical, such as your PC desktop or a new folder in Documents.
3. CHOOSE SOUND SETTINGS
By default, Fraps will record your computer’s standard sound output in single stereo. This is fine for most users: the “multi-channel” option for storing surround channels will not benefit most people who listen to playback in a stereo setting.
If you want to record your microphone as well, click on “record external input” and make sure that your gaming microphone (and not the webcam microphone input on your computer) is selected. The “capture-only-tap” option is a great way to record only the comment or communication you want with a push-to-talk feature. If you are recording online multiplayer games, you may want to set them up with the same key as your game’s push-to-talk button.
4. HIDES THE FPS OVERPRINTING
Fraps is primarily a frame per second monitor, and the FPS reading will record along with the Fraps video by default. To remove the counter from the video, click on the “FPS” tab and select “hide overlay” on the right side of the window. This step is optional, but the FPS counter tends to be distracting if you are posting video on the web.
5. START RECORDING
Once you have chosen the above options, all you need to do is start the game and press the capture key to start recording. Press it again to stop and create the video file, which will be saved in the chosen output folder. Clean up and repeat as many times as you like to create multiple files, or just start and finish as you start and finish your game for one long video.
DOWNLOAD FRAPS FULL
Below, there are some settings you will want to see (and probably modify):
- VIDEO CAPTURE HOTKEY:Â is the key combination that will start and end a recording session. This is very important: you want something that is easy to reach while you are in the middle of a game, but also something that you are not likely to hit by accident, especially with a key combination. I recommend using a single key in the function row (F1-F12) or a multiple key combination like Ctrl+Alt+R.
The video capture settings determine the frame rate and size at which the video will be recorded. The standard 30 frames per second is sufficient for most gaming applications, such as a tour or a quick look at a clean feature. If you want your video to really appear, you can increase it to 50 or 60 fps; just make sure the video player or web host you want to use can take full advantage of the frame rate.
- FULL-SIZE: This is enabled by default, it will record the game area at full resolution. Half-Size will halve the horizontal and vertical resolution for a smaller file size. Please note that the video files will be larger on higher framerates, so if you are planning to record a long game session for a Let’s Play video, you may want to keep it low.
- LOOP BUFFER:Â A really cool feature: it is basically a live DVR feature for your desktop. The buffer constantly records the images of your game in the background, but does not permanently save the video until you activate the capture hotkey. So, let’s say you’re playing in fast paced shooter mode, and suddenly you get an amazing multikill you didn’t expect, so you weren’t recording it. If you set the duration of the loop buffer to 15 seconds, Fraps will save the previous fragment of the gameplay before pressing the record button, as well as everything that happens after that. If you’re selectively recording gameplay snippets instead of a long session, it’s a good way to make sure you never miss a good thing.
There are some others you can probably ignore. The “Split movie every 4 Gigabytes” option is mainly for older versions of Windows running on a FAT32 file system. “Hiding the mouse cursor in the video” is a stylistic choice, but most viewers won’t mind one way or the other.
The “Lock framerate while recording” and “force Lossless RGB capture” options are cosmetic options that make a video look smoother, but can negatively affect game performance. Clearly there are fraps cracked 2020 or fraps crack… You don’t need it with Gums Up! All you have to do is download our app!
Enter the Gums Up universe and get programs like FRAPS FULL for FREE!
Â¡DON’T HESITATE: DOWNLOAD THE APP AND GET THOUSANDS OF FREE PRIZES!Â