The MOBA genre has taken the world by storm. League of Legends, DOTA 2, Heroes of the Storm… dominate the game board. Most of them are free, so they allow anyone intrigued by the games to try them out.
The game in MOBAs, where two teams try to destroy the other base by leading their heroes and automating the slides against the defensive towers until they reach the other side, offers tremendous depth and complexity for those who want it. While games like the original Warcraft III mod by Defense of the Ancients became popular, the genre exploded thanks to RIOT’s LOL and Valve’s Dota 2, made with the original creator of Defense of the Ancients.
But it’s also the competitive aspect of the games that makes them so compelling. League of Legends has a whole hierarchy of leagues around it and massively popular world championships. Valve’s The International for Dota quickly added legitimacy to the game by offering huge cash prizes to the winning teams. And because the game has that team look, along with the compelling look of the various heroes and their customizations in the games, the genre has exploded into the leader of eSports.
MOBAS GAMES FOR ANDROID
- 1 MOBAS GAMES FOR ANDROID
- 2 MOBA GAMES FOR IPHONE
- 3 MOBA GAMES FOR PS4
- 4 MOBA GAMES FOR XBOX
- 5 MOBA GAMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
- 6 MOBAS FOR PC
Even Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm has won his university championships on ESPN2. And other developers are trying to take advantage of the genre’s megapopularity with their own games. Battleborn by 2K and Gearbox add a touch of first-person shooter to the game. Epic Games also has and its great MOBA, Paragon.
Many mobile developers are trying to make MOBA work on mobiles as well. Considering the number of people all over the world who have mobile devices and the decline of PCs and consoles, there’s no reason why the next big success of MOBA shouldn’t be a mobile game.
BEST MOBA GAMES FOR ANDROID
While games like Clash Royale are trying to simulate elements of MOBA for themselves, other games go beyond a pure experience.
Here are 5 of the best traditional MOBAs for Android.
1. MOBILE LEGENDS: BANG BANG: This 5v5 action is really impressive, so it accumulates over 100M downloads. The concept of the is really unique. The design and features are really unique. We love it.
2. VAINGLORY: It’s still a very deep MOBA experience, although it’s definitely in the line between the simplest MOBA games and MOBA-inspired games and full PC games like League of Legends. In other words, the game includes 3v3 combats and 30-minute games. It’s true that it’s a long time to play a mobile game, and it hurts its portability, but it’s not like people don’t have tablets or don’t use their smart devices at home.
3. ARENA OF VALOR (5V5): Arena of Valor or Arena 5v5 is the MOBA transferred to the mobile reminiscent of LoL, with a technical performance at the height of the Nintendo Switch console, much higher than what many smartphones can reach.
4. HEROES OF ORDERS AND CHAOS: Gameloft’s MOBA also deserves attention. This was one of the first mobile MOBAs, period. It has incredibly long games and 5v5 playability, although there are alternative modes available for smaller games.
5. CALL OF CHAMPIONS: Perfect for those who want a short experience. Games last 5 minutes maximum. The game makes it work by rationalizing the experience into a points system: you knock down more towers than your opponent, and you can win.
The creeps are replaced by orbs that can be pushed by the players and damage the towers if they are close. It is an intelligent system to make this otherwise incredibly dense and long game genre much more accessible to the mobile player.
MOBA GAMES FOR IPHONE
Have you ever played one of the amazing MOBA games available on the iOS App Store?
I’m sure you have. MOBAs have taken over a large part of the online multiplayer space, especially on the mobile. Go back a second. What exactly is a MOBA? We can tell you what Multiplayer Online Battle Arena means, and it typically combines a real-time competitive gaming strategy with a more tuned, action-focused tone.
BETTER MOBA GAMES FOR IPHONE
This is our selection with the best MOBA games for iPhone:
1. HEARTHSTONE: Collectible card games like Magic: The Gathering have always been popular, but at a time when cards can exist digitally, there seems to be a new alternative that comes to the App Store every week. None of them can compete with Hearthstone, however.
A card game set in the Warcraft universe and designed by Blizzard’s master game makers, Hearthstone manages to retain all the warmth and charm of its original material while creating a new experience that is both strategically and infinitely collectible. It’s a well-balanced game that grows continuously: Blizzard has continued to add new expansions, adventures, cards and modes long after its release.
2. VAINGLORY: Deep and intriguing MOBA in real-time with the best possible iPhone gameplay: it works at 60 frames per second and its precise tactile controls offer a control response of less than 30 ms.
3. ARENA 5V5: Arena of Valor must be familiar to anyone who has ever played League of Legends or Dota 2. It’s a fairly traditional 5 vs. 5 game that takes place in a three-lane stadium full of hidden corners and cracks between towers. You can command more than 40 heroes. It’s the western adaptation of Honor of Kings or Kings of Glory for markets outside mainland China. It is the most profitable game in the world (top grossing) and the most popular free download application.
4. HEROES OF ORDER AND CHAOS: An exciting MOBA experience for iOS devices where players can test their skills on 3 maps in three different game modes: solo, 3v3 and 5v5. Each map has at least two lanes to choose from and several neutral monsters and bosses that can be killed for powerful bonuses and rewards.
5. PLANET OF HEROES: Unlike other MOBA games for iOS, battles in Planet of Heroes take place in a single lane, and there is no gold to collect or items to buy. In other words, who wins and who loses depends entirely on players’ ability to control their heroes. This is a welcome change from the usual MOBA aesthetics.
MOBA GAMES FOR PS4
BATTLEBORN and AWESOMENAUTS are also two great games to play on the PS4. However we keep this top 5, below.
BEST MOBA GAMES FOR PS4
Here is our ranking with the top 5 of the moment:
1. LEAGUE OF LEGENDS: Join forces with your closest allies and unite to defeat your enemies in the deadly multiplayer battle arenas. LOL combines elements of strategy and role-playing games to give you a unique and dynamic gaming experience. As a summoner, you’ll have your own customizable avatar that grows in power as you progress through the game. In each battle, you’ll select and call upon one of dozens of Champions to control and engage in face-to-face combat against teams of highly trained warriors. Choose your allies wisely, because the stakes are high.
2. HEROES OF THE STORM: The game includes heroes from Blizzard franchises such as Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, The Lost Vikings and Overwatch. HOtS uses both free and freemium game models and is supported by micropayments, which can be used to buy heroes, visual alterations for game heroes and mounts. Simply great. Must-have.
3. DOTA 2: Something more complex and intimidating than LOL. A multiplayer battle arena, the independent sequel to Defense of the Ancients Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne mod. You’ll need knowledge, skill and a little arachnid sense.
4. SMITE: Players face the face of a mythological god and participate in battles in the arena, using powers and team tactics against other gods controlled by the player and minions not controlled by the non-player. Smite is an excellent addition to an expanding genre, and one that distinguishes itself from the rest of the pack with a decidedly different gameplay, an extravagant and casual version of classical mythology, and a variety of interesting modes.
5. PARAGON: Unlike the normal MOBA game, the Epic Games game uses a card collection mechanism to unlock new strategic decisions during the game. This adds a strategic element to the normal items that one would buy during the game in a MOBA. In addition, it uses Unreal Engine 4, which makes the game run smoothly, even on simple PCs, and looks very realistic from a photographic point of view.
MOBA GAMES FOR XBOX
Online MOBAs such as League of Legends, Dota 2, Smite and Heroes of the Storm continue to receive new players, thanks to professional players, eSports tournaments, Twitch streamers and YouTube Gaming channels. Other good MOBA trend games now include Defence of the Ancients, Vaninglory and Srife.
BEST MOBA GAMES FOR XBOX
We keep these MOBAS to play on XBOX:
1. SMITE: It excels in terms of online games and has definitely encouraged me to explore this genre further. Very interactive, very entertaining and definitely a game we never get tired of.
2. AWESOMENAUTS: Like a classic 2D platform game, but contains all the modern adornments of the genre. For example, a diverse cast of classes, an extensive upgrade system and powerful turrets and creeps. Very addictive.
3. GIGANTIC: While Gigantic is built on an established foundation, Motiga’s architects have a project with real potential. The Clash and Guardian system is distinctive and gives a great sense of scale, while the list of heroes is colorful, but not oversized.
4. PALADINS X EDITION: A unique MOBA experience
5. BATTLEBORN: A shooter of next-generation heroes offered by the creators of the award-winning and successful Borderlands franchise.
MOBA GAMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
The days of the MOBA gold rush are already a distant memory, with the Battle Royale being the newest and hottest genre everyone wants to imitate. Only the strong can survive in the MOBA space these days – or thrive, as is the case with Arena of Valor.
Arena of Valor landed in September for Nintendo Switch in order to revive the genre, and was found to be perfectly suitable for games on the fly for those who prefer physical controls.
BEST MOBA GAMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
Here is our number 1, the best MOBA for Switch:
ARENA OF VALOR: Arena of Valor is probably one of the best MOBAs to enter if you are new to the series. With its features for beginners and a lot of heroes to choose from, it’s pretty easy to learn how to get around and start competing against other players. On the other hand, Arena of Valor offers enough depth and a pinch of variety to entice MOBA veterans to enjoy the game on the Nintendo Switch. Arena of Valor touches all the right keys, with its colourful cast of characters, vibrant art, cheerful animations, and smooth gameplay.
All in all, it’s the ideal game for Joy-Con gamers.
MOBAS FOR PC
Surely STRIFE would also deserve to be ranked. You will notice that we have left out the great game of Blizzard OVERWATCH, which is included in the shooters section.
BEST MOBA GAMES FOR PC
This is our top 5 with the best MOBAs for PC:
1. DOTA 2: This complex game has a steep learning curve, but it’s worth it. Each hero is unique and valuable in one team composition or another. The amount of versatility of each hero is amazing too. The mechanics more than destroy any other Dota style (MOBA) game and that’s what makes this game the first level in its genre. This game is the highest grossing eSport game in the world and will probably remain so for a long time to come.
2. HEROES OF THE STORM: Blizzard has gone the extra mile to introduce more heroes and more game styles. Heroes who break the standard Tanks/Support/Damage characters. The talent system allows for diversity in the way a character plays. Some heroes can even be talented in multiple roles, like Varian, who can become a killer or a tank. It’s a deep game without being complex. Perfect for fun.
3. SMITE: The third-person view used in SMITE is a big change from the top-down views normally used in a MOBA. The game also uses WASD keys, unlike the traditional point-to-move system of traditional MOBAs. This creates a large blind spot behind the user’s character and also makes hiding behind someone for stealthy attacks a viable option.
4. LEAGUE OF LEGENDS: Having 141 League of Legends champions should offer the greatest diversity, and it works. Many champions have long combos that need positioning precision and timing on a par with fighting games, while others can be effective without combos at all. In addition, many champions feel really unique (not necessarily complicated) in the style of play, not seen in other MOBAs.
5. PALADINS: An F2P game that combines a rich fantasy setting with the fast action of a first-person computer-based shooter. A great and addictive game that will surely entertain all kinds of players thanks to its accessibility and well-developed mechanics. One of the best multiplayers of the moment.
MOBA GAMES FOR PC FEW REQUIREMENTS
Luckily for us it is that almost any low-end pc can withstand the big MOBAS on the market. And, if not, look at the minimum requirements to play them:
- Dual Core Intel 2.8 Ghz o AMD equivalente
- 4 GB de RAM, GeForce 8600/9600 GT or Radeon HD2600/3600
- DirectX 9.0c
- 15 GB de HDD
- SO: Windows 7
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 o AMD Phenom II X3 720
- Gráfica GeForce GT 440, Radeon HD 6570 o Intel HD 5000
- 2 GB de RAM
- 45 GB de HDD
- SO: Windows 7
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
- Processor: 2 Ghz
- 1 GB de RAM
- 8 GB de HDD
- Graphics compatible with Shader 2.0
- DirectX 9.0c
- OS: Windows 7
- O.S: Windows 7
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz
- GRAPHIC CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, AMD Radeon HD 6870 or equal with 1 GB VRAM
- RAM: 4 GB
- DIRECTX: DX11
- PROCESSOR: 2.2 GHz ó superior.
- MEMORY: 2 GB de RAM.
- GRAPHICS: 256 MB or higher
- DIRECTX: 9.0a. version
- SO: Windows 7
MOBA PC GAMES FREE TO PLAY
It often happens that when someone hears the words free game, they assume it’s total garbage or something totally unthinkable without spending a fortune on micro-transactions (or both). And putting the words MOBA online between free and game can potentially make everything sound worse!
And they all have to be F2P, of course! Some may come with microtransactions, but as long as they don’t fall into the pay to win category, they will meet the requirements.
HEROES EVOLVED: Includes over 40 heroes, a clan system, short game options and much more. As the white brand of LOL, we dare to say. Very light on your hard drive: fewer heroes, a small format LOL. It’s a jewel to be discovered.