The world of RPG and MMMORPG is known for having deeply developed tradition as a necessary element, often making them ideal scenarios for a genre that focuses on the big picture rather than individual travel. From history, the universe and factions, the RPG and MMO games not only tick the boxes needed for the 4X games, but often go further because of their depth.
RPG GAMES FOR ANDROID
Did you know that role-playing games, or RPGs, go beyond video games? The Final Fantasy series, Tales of Symphonia and Dragon Quest VIII are some of the most popular. Other forms of RPGs are experiencing a boom in the industry as well. Desktop RPG and Paper RPG (PnP) games are the first forms of RPGs.
THE BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR ANDROID
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) and FORTNITE are some of Android’s best role-playing games. They came out recently, but are already very popular with online players. These games have popularized the battle royale genre and are an instant hit.
No matter where you are if you have your Android device with you, there are adventure worlds to explore. The Android platform has a lot of role-playing games to offer, including old-school RPG classics and new RPG titles.
Here’s a list of the top 5!
1. FINAL FANTASY VI: The Final Fantasy series is one of the world’s most famous and beloved RPG series, and Final Fantasy 6 is among the best in the group. With a huge cast of compelling characters and a fantastic storyline, Final Fantasy 6 is an adventure not to be missed.
2. STAR WARS:KNIGHTS OF OLD REPUBLIC: The original game is a classic RPG, and the Android port is great.
3. CHAOS RINGS 3: Has everything you’d expect from a complete RPG Square Enix, including a deep character development system, a story with lots of twists and turns, lush graphics, and an excellent soundtrack.
4. BALDUR’S GATE 2: Great non-linear adventure in the Forgotten Realms environment, with classic Dungeons & Dragons rules and motifs. The plot in this is not as good as the first game, but the excellent gameplay more than makes up for it.
5. DRAGON QUEST V: His story is a breath of fresh air. You follow the life of the main character from birth to adulthood. There are almost as many tragedies as there are triumphs, and the whole game plays with notions of heroism and what exactly that word means.
FREE ANDROID ROLE-PLAYING GAMES IN ENGLISH
Download Android role-playing games in Spanish for free with Gums Up! Don’t hesitate: download our application and start earning Gums to be able to download games but also books, music and other products from Play Store and Apple Store at no cost.
THE BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR ANDROID WITHOUT INTERNET
These are the best role-playing games for Android without the Internet, that is, to play off-line:
1. INOTIA 4: A classic action role-playing game developed by Com2uS. It is a hack’n’slash game with 6 classes like Black Knight, Assassin and Witch, each of which has 15 skills.
2. POSTKNIGHT: A platform role-playing game with 8-bit graphics created by Kurechii.
3. ANKORA: Created in 2017 for Android and iOS devices by Chibig, S.L.U. Won Best Indie and Best to Pick Up & Play at Google Play Best Games 2017.
4. THE DARK BOOK: In this game you will have to face thousands of adversities and souls that have been awakened by the power of the Dark Book.
5. POCKET MORTYS: Pocket Mortys is a Rick and Morty game based on the popular American television series.
RPG GAMES FOR IPHONE
RPGs let you immerse yourself in a character and move through its story. No longer just for Dungeons & Dragons players living at the base, mobile RPGs combine your imagination with some fantastic graphics and interesting stories that span the entire world or even the universe.
THE BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR IPHONE
These are our top picks of the best role-playing games for iPhone:
1. FINAL FANTASY XV: POCKET EDITION: Compress the latest epic of Final Fantasy in an episodic mobile RPG that captures much of the game’s main story and charm, while reducing the tedious JRPG routine. This version of iOS makes a smooth transition from the RPG console to the Touch Screen, with photo realism giving way to beautiful “chibi” style graphics.
2. VALKYRIE PROFILE: LENNETH: Combining combat combos, exploration and light platforms, and an intricate plot, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth stands up well to even the most modern games. It’s worth the expected premium price of most Square Enix games.
3. MONSTER HUNTER STORIES: The Monster Hunter saga is a famous and tough JRPG franchise, but Monster Hunter Stories is a fairly accessible entry to the series. A port of the original 3DS, Stories, shakes things up a bit by making you come from a village of Riders, people who can relate to the titanic monsters of the Monster Hunter universe.
4. DRAGON QUEST VIII: Marked the point at which the series became completely 3D. The result is a wonderful combination of traditional and expansive JRPG elements with an atypical and cheerful tone.
5. DARKEST DUNGEON: TABLET EDITION Hysterically gloomy and relentlessly punishing, this turn-based side-scrolling role-playing game is ideal for Lovecraft fans, game management in depth and masochists. Its atmospheres are perfect for replicating a gothic feeling of horror.
IPHONE RPG GAMES FOR FREE
To download the best free iPhone RPG games you simply have to:
1. Visit GumsUp.com in your Safari browser on your iOS device.
2. Click download the app located on the third slide.
3. Go to GumsUp.com…
4. Finally, press the button on the bottom bar and select Add on the home screen.
5. Enjoy your favorite game for free!
RPG GAMES FOR PS4
What are the best PS4 RPGs? Well, PlayStation 4 is home to a vast library of role-playing games. From open-world MMOs and epics to niche Japanese releases and text-filled traditional adventures, there’s something for just about everyone.
The RPG is an expansive genre in which East meets West, and we see numerous shots of a similar formula. It’s very difficult to choose the best roleplaying game(s) for PS4 from the quality that exists today. Maybe we’ll stick with it: MHW.
THE BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR PS4
MHW manages the balance between staying true to the ideals of the series and the addictive combat loop with intimidating monsters and significant enhancements fans like, while making a dramatic leap towards a truly new look, feel and size. MONSTER HUNTER WORLD is our role-playing game for PS4 number 1: It has a huge amount of content and can keep players in the game for hundreds of hours.
Then, we find in the ranking:
DARK SOULS 3: From Software’s most ambitious work. The game is still a challenge, testing the patience and nerves of the players to face an adventure that continues to show a design of levels overwhelming, everything is connected to a sickly level, which we love, and the truth is that we count the days until we can play it again and explore every nook and cranny and unravel its secrets. The graphics are impressive, the combat is fluid and the performance of music and voice is phenomenal.
DS III is the latest chapter in the DARK SOULS series with its sword and sorcery combat and rewarding action role-playing game. Players travel through a wide variety of locations in an interconnected world of relentless challenge and deep RPG as they search for a way to survive the looming apocalypse.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED ORIGINS: With Assassin’s Creed Origins, Ubisoft takes the usual historical franchise formula and drops a host of RPG elements onto it. The result, perhaps surprisingly, is one of the best games in the series. While it’s not the most complicated action RPG on this list, it’s still a great adventure with leveling, spoils and a solid story. Plus, its open world is a pleasure to explore, full of details and a gigantic scale.
- VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 4: The best game in SEGA’s tactical series, Valkyria Chronicles 4 is a refinement of its predecessors, with bigger and more attractive battlefields, better class balance and some fantastic characters. You can also get to know their cast with a deeper character development, which adds weight to each skirmish as you send your new friends to the front lines. Fighting the Empire has never been so rewarding.
- LINEAGE 2 REVOLUTION: This best-in-class MMORPG has taken South Korea by storm, and it’s easy to see why. Wonderful visuals, intuitive controls and an immediately accessible game mode immerse you in their world.
ONLINE PS4 ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
GUILD WARS 2: One of the most complete MMO games to date. To begin with, we can access all the basic content of the title completely free of charge. If we like the experience, we have two expansions that considerably expand the game experience with more zones, subclasses and a long etcetera. In addition to not needing monthly subscriptions, it hosts one of the best MMO communities, completely away from the toxicity of other titles.
2 PLAYER PS4 ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
Cooperative play is a form of play in which two players or a group of players come together to complete goals or defeat one or more artificially intelligent (AI) opponents to win the game. It is different from the type of multiplayer game since that game pits players against other players.
A top 5 of the best cooperative PS4 role-playing games:
1. DIABLO 3: REAPER OF SOULS
2. MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
4. DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN
5. DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION
RPG GAMES FOR XBOX
We love role-playing because it captures your imagination and makes you feel like you’re part of another world. The skills your hero acquires along the way are unbelievable and supernatural, and the boss battles are epic. With so many options to choose from, there’s never been a shortage of games for fans of the genre.
THE BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR XBOX
With so many RPG games on the market, finding one for you can be complicated, as everyone has their own opinion about what some of the best RPG games really are. To help you, we’ve narrowed it down to a selection of the best of the best:
- DIABLO III: Anyone looking for infinite customization options in their ideal RPG should gravitate towards Diablo 3 like a well-directed crossbow gravitates towards the skull of a demon. It’s a game we’re going to play for a long, long time.
- DARK SOULS 3: A flawlessly designed combat RPG. It’s much more responsive than its predecessors, demanding faster action and reaction without sacrificing the deliberately popularized Dark Souls game.
- ASSASSIN’S CREED ORIGINS: Multiple courses. If you dare, of course, how will you keep busy for more than 100 hours if you choose to explore everywhere and do everything (and everyone). For the first time you have NPCs for romance (if you want to be a Casanova or as chaste as a saint), and dialogue options. After this RPG, Assassin’s Creed will never be the same again.
- MONSTER HUNTER WORLD: Exceptional. Essential. Role and action.
- FINAL FANTASY XV: Another RPG game with royal blood running through his veins, Final Fantasy 15 puts you in the place of Noctis on his adventure through the land of Eos with his friends.
- WORLD OF WARCRAFT: There’s a good reason why World of Warcraft has such a loyal fan base: it’s one of the best RPG games out there, no doubt about it. With a virtually endless looting system and two completely different factions to choose from as they fight through Azeroth, there is the potential to literally see both sides of the war between the Horde and the Alliance.
- FALLOUT 4: Despite the death and destruction that turned the world into a post-apocalyptic wasteland, everything is still alive. With hundreds of missions at your disposal, there are other ways to make a name for yourself in the desert. You don’t even have to complete missions.
- PERSONA 5: School is difficult. It’s even harder when you have a super-powerful alter ego that spends its nights wandering through a supernatural realm fighting the bloodthirsty, personified desires of the people around them. One of the top 17.
XBOX 360 ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
This is our selection of role-playing games for XboX 360:
DARK SOULS: Dark Souls is a dark fantasy action role-playing game from From Software, and is considered a spiritual successor to the 2009 studio hit Demon’s Souls.
DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS: An RPG based on a new fantasy world.
MASS EFFECT 3: The conclusion of the science fiction action trilogy by the developer BioWare and completes the story of its protagonist, Commander Shepard.
THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM: The fifth chapter of the Elder Scrolls series takes the game to new levels with improved graphics and gameplay, and features more than 200 hours of gameplay.
FALLOUT 3: A continuation of the classic series of post-apocalyptic role-playing games with new 3D graphics, new gameplay and a new storyline.
ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
With all the great Nintendo Switch RPGs coming out in the next two years (like Dark Souls 3, at last!!), we wanted to start sorting out the best and most exciting games soon…
THE BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
What are the best RPGs for Switch? This is our top 5 of the best RPG games for Switch:
1. DARK SOULS REMASTERED: While the Switch version may lack some of the high-end features available on other platforms, it still features a more pristine version of the original, and most importantly, adds the exciting and absorbing dimension of exploring Lordran on a portable device.
2.THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM: Considered one of the greatest role-playing games of all time, the game finally arrives at the Nintendo Switch, allowing intense portable play on the go. With more than 200 Game of the Year awards, Skyrim’s Open World Adventure is one of the most immersive and brings to the Switch new features such as motion controls and Legend of Zelda items.
3. MARIO+RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE: Nintendo Switch’s best RPG overall thanks to its positive acclaim, fresh creative design and fun gameplay. The winner of more than 50 E3 awards and nominations brings a new cross-player RPG with an exclusive tactical style of play on the Nintendo Switch. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a turn-based tactical role-playing game that includes Nintendo’s Mario along with Ubisoft’s Raving Rabbids franchise. The game features a single-player and multiplayer campaign mode, and each level consists of a series of battles.
4. XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 2: An epic Japanese role-playing game with a cinematic presentation. Its cut scenes feel bigger than life (often like watching a well-written anime movie) and include an optional original Japanese voice-over, giving players the original authentic form of the game.
5. DISGAGE 5: COMPLETE: An RPG full of stories and hours of gameplay that make it the best on the list for its content. Disgaea 5 Complete comes with the original Disgaea 5 story along with eight additional scenarios, seven updated favorite characters and multiple classes of previous Disgaea games.
PC ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
There is an extensive list of great and remarkable role-playing games for Pc, such as the big ones Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls y Dark Souls 3; Path of Exile; The Witcher 3; The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; Darkest Dungeon; Fallout: New Vegas; Mount&Blade:Warband; Neverwinter Nights 2; Gothic 2; Pillars of Eternity 2:Deadfire; Dragon Age:Origins;Ultima Underworld:The Stygian Abyss; Divinity: Original Sin; Star Wars: System Shock 2; Knights of the Old Republic 2; Vampire:The Masquerade…
FREE PC ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
- PATH OF EXILE: An excellent free game that has extraordinary progression depth and an excellent free game model that relies on cosmetics rather than game altering upgrades. Combat isn’t as good as in Diablo 3, but if you like calculations, this is one of the most ingenious role-playing games out there.
ONLINE PC ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
Free games are becoming more common, which means that the F2P RPG audience now has many more options than before. There are many quality games on the PC to enjoy.
The best online PC RPGs are:
- FINAL FANTASY XIV
- BLADE & SOULS
- GUILD WARS
- STAR TREK ONLINE
- EVE ONLINE
- PATH OF EXILE
- LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE
- STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC
- WORLD OF WARCRAFT
RPG ACTION PC GAMES
Among the Action RPG games, we highlight Monster Hunter World. Monster Hunter World with its fluidity and graphic quality is the biggest title in the Monster Hunter series, action RPG, one of the most successful video game franchises in Japan. As a hunter, you must use your cunning and expertise to track and maneuver your targets through intense and changing battles.
RPG MAKER GAMES
These are our top picks with our favorite RPG Maker or RPG Tsukuru, as it is known in Japan:
1. NEW SUPER LUIGI ADVENTURES
2. RPG RING OF DEMONS
3. LEGENDS OF ILLARION
4. BLACK DOG
PC OFFLINE ROLE-PLAYING GAMES
These are some of the best offline role-playing games for PCs that have a fascinating single player mode:
1. AGE OF EMPIRES RELEASED
2. WOLFENSTEIN 2
3. CIVILIZATION VI
4. DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN II
RPG GAMES FOR MULTIPLAYER LAN PC
These are the RPG games for PC multiplayer LAN 100% recommended:
- BALDUR’S GATE 1 Y 2 1CON EXPANSIONES
- THE TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL
- NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 1 Y 2
- DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN
- WASTELAND 2
- PILLARS OF ETERNITY
- WARMACHINE TACTICS
ROLE-PLAYING GAMES FOR PC ONLINE FEW REQUIREMENTS
We’re definitely down to three:
1. DARKEST DUNGEON: Darkest Dungeon doesn’t need more than a few GB of RAM and a GPU compatible with OpenGL 3.2+, which is basically everything from the last five years.
2. CIVILIZATION V: As long as you have an Intel Core i3 CPU or higher, you’ll have enough power in your low-end laptop to run it. And if you’re looking for a game you can carry on your hard drive until the day it dies, it’s hard to ignore Civ 5.
3. DUELYST: Completing the podium is Duelyst, the free collectible card game based on both the JRPG and HEARTHSTONE worlds.
FLASH RPG GAMES
Here’s our ranking of the best Flash RPG games:
1. REALM OF THE MAD GOD: Splendid. It’s a game that can be played in 30-minute bursts or sessions that extend into the late hours of the night, and its balance of instant gratification and long-term profitability is very well done. When you start, its cool mix of features taken from MMO games and hell-bullets will never let you go again… Addictive.
2. IDLERS AND DUNGEONS: Travel from one place to another on the map with your cheerful horse. Find magical objects, go to the shop, hunt evil creatures, do some missions and explore elite dungeons to kill some ugly boss.
3. ADVENTURE QUEST: A naïf game, with fantasy violence. (+13 years). Turn-based combat is the major part of the game, in which your character and other members of your (computer-controlled) group face enemies like Broadkil Bone-Drone, a lizard-like creature that hits you with a long tentacle, or Malzar, a huge beast with curly horns.
4. DRAGON FABLE: A spectacular option if you want to get away from hardcore games and just sit back, relax and enjoy a good game, it has a comedy element and you’ll never get bored. It’s constantly updated and worth your time, especially since you won’t spend time downloading it.
5. MECH QUEST: A futuristic world full of giant robots as you play like a mech pilot. Customize your mech with a wider range of powerful weapons with different designs and participate in different missions and boss battles on different planets. You need nothing more than your web browser and the latest Macromedia Flash plugin to play.
FREE PC ROLE-PLAYING GAMES IN ENGLISH
Download role-playing games for free Pc in Spanish is possible with Gums Up.It’s worth it! Do not hesitate: download our application and start earning Gums to be able to download games but also books, music and other products from Play Store and Apple Store at no cost.
FREE PC ROLE-PLAYING GAMES WITHOUT DOWNLOADING
Most popular RPGs, such as World of Warcraft, EVE Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic, take up a lot of space on your hard drive; Final Fantasy XIV takes up 30 GB! If you have an old PC, or just don’t have much space on your hard drive, this could be a problem.
To join the fun of RPGs without a big download, keep these 5 RPGs that you can play for free, directly from your browser:
- DRAGON BALL Z ONLINE
- CANDY BOX 2
- GOD WARS
- ECHO OF SOULS: PHOENIX