For a long time, there have been several free Internet VPN solutions available or for private personal use. Even, as veterans, we can remember programs like Hamachi, Wippien, Leaf (now discontinued), and Comodo EasyVPN (now called Comodo Unite).
As an avid player with many friends, we love to play private games on a simulated local area network (LAN). For the most part, it is faster and safer. However, even with the wide selection of free VPN software that exists, we sometimes tend to run into complications when we play, especially since most VPN programs are not designed for games…
But with Tunngle the game through a simulated LAN is easier! Read on to see why you should worry about Tunngle and how you can use it for your private games.
Tunngle is the most popular p2p VPN tool that allows users to extend their local area network and connect with friends.
Gamers have a convenient way to play online and multiplayer games from their desktop. Tunngle comes with a network browser and instant messaging services that allows users to share files or updates. It doesn’t matter if your game is old, epic or new. You don’t have to worry if your friends are miles away! Tunngle uses LAN gaming mode to connect players to each other.
DOWNLOAD TUNNGLE FOR FREE
Each game has its own public network. Each network comes with its own chat! You can dial, list and search! Tunngle also comes with its own integrated messenger. Adding friends and playing in a LAN party is just a few mouse clicks away! Tunngle is a magic tool that will never let you down (even with the most problematic games): its LAN emulsion functions are very powerful and will work with almost any game that supports IP-based LAN games.
Latest version Tunngle 5.8.9
✓ Added multilingual support
✓ Added languages
✓ Added more skins
✓ Updated Skin Engine
✓ Corrected some installation problems
✓ Fixed the name of the adapter
✓ Added Class B Emulator
✓Fixed a bug in the class C emulator
✓Solved some problems with the server
✓ Optimization of the adapter manipulator. (accelerates the start)
✓Now checks the validity of the forwarded port
✓Updated digital signature certificates
✓The automatic connection of the Lobby at the beginning has been removed.
✓Solved a problem with automatic reconnection
✓Fixed some other bugs
Tunngle is even more: you can use LAN Tunngle emulsion with virtually any program that has IP-based network capabilities. You will never see a complete list of supported game programs because it would be too long. Everything can work with Tunngle.
Tzar, Diablo, Age Of Empires, has specific modes for these games and custom options so that everyone in the Tunngle network can connect to your network or create it, and thus improve the quality of the connection, preventing lags, outages and more. All the players allowed by the game can be included, 4 in the Tzar, and those who are, for example, in the Devil.
It is a much simpler program than Hamachi; it is the best alternative to Hamachi, we can say categorically, and we go on, because Tunngle has its own servers that provide the best for your connection. Just register on the network, download the client and configure your profile for the game you are going to play. It is completely free from its official website and available to anyone who wants to install it. What more can we ask for?
TUNNGLE HOW IT WORKS
With VPN software, you can simulate a LAN over the Internet, allowing you to play a LAN game over the Internet. … In cases like this, using a VPN like Tunngle is the only way to play with your friends without them all being on the same network.
- Go to the Tunngle website and download the Tunngle installation file. Tunngle is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista, and 7. If you use a different operating system, you’re out of luck (for now).
- While downloading the installation file, register a free account. The process is fast and painless.
- Starts the Tunngle installation file. Like most installation processes, Tunngle is quite simple. Along the way, however, you will be asked if you want to install the Tunngle Desktop gadget. Personally, we skip it, but if you think you’ll use it, do it.
- Restart the computer. Tunngle will install a virtual network adapter on your computer and you may or may not need to restart your PC to start working properly. Just to be safe, you should restart it anyway.
- Starts session in Tunngle. If you are unable to log in, you may need to adjust your network adapter settings and configure your network firewall. Don’t worry, these steps are easy and only need to be done once.
- Use the network browser on the left to search for VPNs specific to the game you want to play. VPNs are sorted by game genre, but it’s quicker if you use the search field. If you don’t see a net for the game you want to play, don’t worry. Technically you can host a game on any of the networks and keep playing with your friends. The different networks are only named so that the players of a particular game can find games together.
- Once you join a network, you will see the network lobby where you can chat with other network users.
- Right click on the orange arrow and select Configure. Find the executable file for your particular game. Now, when you click with the left mouse button on the orange arrow, your game will start immediately!
There are many games that rely heavily on LAN networks to join a game, and communities ceased to exist several years ago, due to current games. With Minecraft began to talk about opening the IP to create a game and you could connect with your friends to avoid resorting to the explicit community. It seems like centuries ago, doesn’t it?
Long live Tunnge!
Please note that Tunngle’s private networks only support 32 players at a time.