There are several free Internet VPN solutions available or for private personal use. Even, as veterans, we can remember programs like Hamachi, Wippien, Leaf (now discontinued), and Comodo EasyVPN (now called Comodo Unite).
As an avid gamer with many friends, we love to play private games on a simulated local area network (LAN). For the most part, it’s faster and safer. However, even with the wide selection of free VPN software out there, we sometimes tend to run into complications when we play, especially since most VPN programs are not designed for gaming…
But with Tunngle, playing through a simulated LAN is easier! Read on to see why you should care about Tunngle and how you can use it for your private games.
Tunngle is the most popular p2p VPN tool that allows users to extend their local area network and connect with friends.
Gamers have a convenient way to play online and multiplayer games from their desktop. Tunngle comes with a network browser and instant messaging services that allows users to share files or updates. It doesnâ??t matter if your game is old, epic or new. You don’t have to worry if your friends are miles away! Tunngle uses the LAN mode of games to connect players with each other.
DOWNLOAD FREE ENGLISH TUNNGLE
Each game has its own public network. Each network comes with its own chat! You can bookmark, list and search! Tunngle also comes with its own integrated messenger. Adding friends and playing a LAN party is just a few mouse clicks away! Tunngle is a magic tool that will never let you down (even with the most problematic games): its LAN emulator features are very powerful and will work with practically any game that supports IP-based LAN games.
Latest version Tunngle 5.8.9
âÂ Added multilingual support
âÂ Languages added
âÂ Added more skins
âÂ Updated Skin Engine
âÂ Fixed some installation problems
âÂ Fixed the name of the adapter
âÂ Added Class B Emulator
âÂ Fixed a bug in the class C emulator
âÂ Resolved some server issues
âÂ Optimization of the adapter manipulator (speeds up start-up)
âÂ The validity of the forwarded port is now checked
âÂ Updated digital signature certificates
âÂ Automatic lobbying has been removed at the beginning
âÂ Solved a problem with automatic reconnection
âÂ Fixed some other errors
Tunngle is even more: you can use the LAN Tunngle emulator with virtually any program that has IP-based networking capabilities. You will never see a complete list of supported game programs because it would be too long. Everything can work with Tunngle.
Tzar, Diablo, Age Of Empiresâ has specific modes for these games and customized options for everyone in the Tunngle network to connect to your network or create it, and thus improve the quality of the connection, preventing lags, cuts and so on. You can include all the players that the game allows, 4 in the Tzar, and those that are, for example, in the Diablo.
It’s a much simpler program than Hamachi; it’s the best alternative to Hamachi, we can definitely say, and we continue, because Tunngle has its own servers that provide the best for your connection. You only need to register on the network, download the client and set up your profile for the game you are going to play. What else can we ask for?
TUNNGLE HOW IT WORKS
With the VPN software, you can simulate a LAN over the Internet, allowing you to play a LAN game over the Internet. In cases like this, using a VPN like Tunngle is the only way to play with your friends without them all being on the same network.
- Go to the Tunngle website and download the Tunngle installation file. Tunngle is compatible with both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows XP, Vista and 7. If you use a different operating system, you’re out of luck (for now).
- While downloading the installation file, register a free account. The process is quick and painless.
- Start the Tunngle installation file. Like most installation processes, Tunngle is fairly straightforward. On the way, however, you will be asked if you want to install the Tunngle Desktop gadget. Personally, we skip it, but if you think you will use it, do so.
- Reboot your computer. Tunngle will install a virtual network adapter on your computer and may or may not need to restart your PC for it to work properly. Just to be safe, you should reboot it anyway.
- Log in to Tunngle. If you are unable to log in, you may need to adjust your network adapter settings and configure your network firewall. Don’t worry, these steps are easy and only need to be done once.
- Use the network browser on the left side to search for VPNs specific to the game you want to play. The VPNs are sorted by game genre, but it’s faster if you use the search field. If you don’t see a network for the game you want to play, don’t worry. You can technically host a game on any of the networks and still play with your friends. The different networks are only named so that the players of a particular game can find games together.
- Once you join a network, you will see the network lobby where you can chat with other network users.
- Right click on the orange arrow and select Configure. Find the executable file for your particular game. Now, when you left click on the orange arrow, your game will immediately start!
There are many games that rely heavily on LANs to join a game, and communities ceased to exist several years ago because of today’s games. It seems like ages ago, doesn’t it?
Long live Tunnge!
Please note that Tunngle’s private networks only support 32 players at a time.