During the developer diary 5, Capcom has released details about the 13.00 update Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, along with the next monster arriving in May, theAlatreon.
The details of the 13.00 update
The main addition of this update will be two new special assignments, which will allow the player to hunt the Rajang Furioso and the Brachydios Rabbioso.
These monsters are much more dangerous variants than their common counterparts, presenting several distinctive characteristics.
Compared to the original, its fur will always be golden, becoming sparkling when the creature gets angry.
As for the gameplay mechanics, it will also rely on some new moves from the medium to long range and a new grip, and its tail, one of the weak points, has been completely removed.
His set will feature several never-before-seen abilities that have not been specified.
First introduced in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, the Rabbioso Brachydios it is a larger variant and with slightly slower attacks than the original.
Its peculiarity compared to the basic version is to present a much more unstable slime, which therefore will explode more easily.
Furthermore, if it is hit in a part of the body illuminated in red, it will release a pool of slime that it will explode instantly.
When certain conditions are met, the Rabid Brachydios will head to a specific cave, subsequently trapping the player and temporarily setting it on fire.
In this situation, it will not be possible to escape or set traps, it will be necessary to face him until his death (in case he faints, he will return to base camp and he will be able to re-enter the area, even if it will be impossible to get out).
The monster set will feature skills Agitator, Weakness and still others not specified.
You will be able to access these assignments after finishing the main story, after talking to the Scout and finishing the recon assignment.
Weapon Styles Coming Soon
Similar to what can already be done for different armor, from the next update it will be possible to change the aesthetics of the weapons to your liking.
For each weapon it will be possible to change the base and the upper part, all without changing the statistics.
You will be able to access this new feature through the upgrade menu, although initially it will be possible to apply the aesthetics of only some weapons, while for those with a more unique appearance we will have to wait for the next update in April.
New paid content and exclusive accommodation
With the March update will also come a new style for the accommodation, which will have a much more glitzy look than all those made available so far.
Various paid contents will also be added, such as pendants, figures of some monsters, new hairstyles, some stickers and Jazz remixes of some of the most famous soundtracks in the game, which can be listened to at any time in your accommodation.
Other minor news
In addition to several bug fixes that you will find at the end of the article, two important news for the gaming experience have been announced.
The first is a new launchable tool called Banishing Ball, which will allow you to permanently remove the monster hit by the Guiding Lands.
The second, on the other hand, is a minor change to the game's rewards system, which will allow anyone who helps a player of lower rank to receive certain bonuses, such as golden eggs o silver.
News on the April update
The Bloom Festival
With the arrival of spring, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is also updated thanks to the seasonal event Bloom Festival, whose main theme is roses.
Along with a cosmetic change of Astera and Seliana in theme with the event, new guild cards and event quests will be added to obtain the Rose α + set and other exclusive equipment.
The Arch-tempered Namielle and the Master Grade Kulve Taroth
As already shown previously by the roadmap for the beginning of the year, in April the so-called Arcitemprati will be added to the Master Degree, starting from the dangerous Namielle.
It will also be possible to fight against the enhanced version of the Kulve Taroth, in a battle outside the siege that will allow you to upgrade the weapons collected in High Grade.
The black dragon Alatreon
At the end of the developer diary, a trailer was shown marking the return of one of the series' most beloved monsters: The black dragon Alatreon. The monster will return to give players a hard time in May and will be accompanied by its signature soundtrack.
The elder dragon made his first appearance in the series in Monster Hunter 3, and has the ability to control the elements of fire, thunder, dragon, and ice.
Thanks to this innate ability, he can unleash powerful blasts of fire, a shower of ice crystals, lightning bolts and bursts of draconic energy against the player.
We will then be interested in finding out if new moves have been added to him that make his fight even more varied, even if from the trailer it is already possible to notice some in which he combines all four elements together (0:33 seconds).
Waiting for new information from Capcom, we leave you to all the patch notes of the 13.00 update.
All bugs fixed
Base / Structure
- Fixed an issue where the "Get All" and "Sell All" options were reversed when the items prepared by baking amounted to 9999 in the Item Chest.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, abilities would not change when storing potential for awakened weapons.
- Fixed an issue where the “Styx” Flame Galea Greatsword was being placed incorrectly when sorting.
- Fixed an issue where numerical values were not displaying correctly on the Steam Power Plant results screen.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, an error would occur when logging into a Squad Online Session using the Online Session ID.
- Fixed an issue where, after certain actions, a posted mission could not be found in a quest.
- Fixed the problem with the descriptions of some music player songs.
- Fixed an issue where the Scarab Ticket could not be used as a material to blend objects.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Raider Nergigante appearing in the Guiding Lands monster list, even if the conditions for its appearance were not met.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, the abilities of an armor were not correctly reflected in the hunter state when upgrading the armor.
- Fixed an issue where the Dober β leg style color was not showing correctly after it was changed.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, an error would occur when entering their quarters.
- Fixed an issue where guest players could not move if they were removed from a Gathering Room at certain times.
- Updated the tutorial for additional squad features to explain that Deputy Heads can invite other players to join the squad.
- Fixed an issue where, even before reaching Seliana, the message "Visit my quarters!" was present among the available selections.
- Fixed an issue where some companion weapons would appear in an unnatural spot when sorting by rank.
- Fixed an issue where when entering another player's mission, if the mission host cancels the mission at a specific time, the name of the previously completed mission is displayed and not the mission you joined.
- Fixed an issue where a weapon from The Witcher series would not appear when placed on the gear display.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a disparity between the results screen of the Siege of Safi'jiiva and the information displayed at the mission desk.
- Fixed an issue where the chat recipient could not be changed after starting a loading screen with the chat window open.
- Fixed an issue where items created by baking did not vary correctly.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to leave the Mini Canteen at the Camp if the Mini Canteen menu and mission completion notice appeared at the same time.
- Updated description for the Chrome Halberd III Shotgun Lance.
- Updated the description for loading the wyvern slam, which can be found in the weapon controls section of the Hunt Notes.
- Fixed an issue where monsters from the mount function would get stuck on a wall when jumping from a certain position.
- Fixed an issue where the Safi'jiiva's behavior became unnatural on sloped terrain.
- Fixed an issue where a player would be afflicted with an altered state or malus when using the spear's claw counter or counter strike against the golden Rathian's somersault, Kirin's thunderbolt, or the slime attack Thundering Anjanath.
- Fixed an issue where the rewards for breaking parts were not showing up when breaking the back of the black Diablos.
- Fixed an issue where the Safi'jiiva did not move properly between areas.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, the appearance and fleshiness of Nergigante's tail was not consistent after it was severed.
- Fixed an issue where in multiple monster challenge missions, the second monster did not appear and the mission was completed.
- Fixed an issue where the Raider Nergigante would appear outside of an area of the Guiding Lands under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, a monster would not get mad.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, Velkhana's ice wall would not shatter after the monster was killed.
- Fixed an issue where covered traps did not work on the Enraged Yian Garuga, despite the conditions to trap him.
- Fixed an issue where monsters would sometimes behave incorrectly when next to Boaboa.
- Fixed several issues with sound effects and visual effects that were displayed in the Hunter's Tent when the Safi'jiiva was in the lower tier of the Remote Valley.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, the Rajang would perform its blocking attack, even if it was not successfully landed.
- Fixed a bug that crashed gameplay occurring in the Guiding Lands when performing a startled hit on a Rathalos as it moved from one area to another.
- Made changes to increase the amount of time monsters falter when a player uses the claw grapple on a faltering monster in an area that the player cannot enter.
- Fixed an issue where a Kelbi would sometimes act erratically after their horns were broken.